We finally got into a GI doctor (my pediatrician drug his feet on that referral) and we had to collect some stool samples. Bryce has had very loose stools for what seems like forever. I received a call yesterday that there's evidence of malabsorption of carbohydrates. The dr. is pulling him off all fruits and juice for 2 weeks. During this time he's taking a laxative. We had to give it to him 3 times a day for 3 days initially. (He had a blowout Sunday at church. I didn't have spare clothes so he had to wear his shirt and a diaper. He also has a pretty bad leg rash from all the fun blowouts. Poor kid.) So, we looked up the malabsorption and it seems to be more pieces to the puzzle. It fits with the wolfram syndrome but then again, we still are waiting to hear more about it.
The district's occupational therapist called today. She talked to me about Bryce and observing him. They feel it's best to have a helmet for him. Instead of keeping him from playing, he needs practice running, climbing and learning balance. I agree and never thought about a helmet but I think it's a great idea. She wanted some background on him so I told her about his breath holding and the hearing loss process. I told her about the genetic flag that we're waiting to get more information. She said his vestibular system was most likely affected and he does better to run than to walk or stand still. It's easier to control running. I told her I've noticed he's unstable when he's standing still yet he ran off the curb last night after the scouts activity. I cringed bc I thought for sure he would fall. He didn't even stumble. So crazy!
So, getting more answers but still waiting for more.
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment