Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bryce's CI Setback

Bryce has two devices. One is the Neptune (the water proof device) and the other is the Naida. The Naida kept falling off his ear so we used the Neptune. When I took him in on Thursday, she didn't get responses that she hoped for. Come to find out, the device was faulty. Crazy! So, it was almost like starting over b/c it wasn't working correctly. We used the shoulder clip on the Naida until Bryce chewed the cord that reaches it and then broke it altogether. (Note to self: bring something to entertain that boy on our long ride to and from the doctors.)

My Mom thought Bryce seemed to respond when he heard the doorbell. We tried it but I didn't see a response. Maybe it was too loud when we tried again. It was just her and him when he seemed to look up as though he heard it.

Today, I knocked on the garage door and he turned around. He was playing with legos and really into what he was doing. I did it again, and again, he turned around. I've been pretty skeptical but I felt very giddy with excitement to see a response. :)

No comments: