The surgery went well. Like the first time, he didn't respond to the device. I guess it happens about 20% of the time, even in cases without auditory neuropathy. They decided not to keep him overnight. The surgeon feels like we know what to expect. We did think it was weird that they put a small muff on his ear. I'm glad I hung on to the one from the first surgery, we swapped when we got home. We were also disappointed that he didn't have an AB buddy (the monkey) that Brayden received with his equipment. It was ordered on his packing slip but it wasn't there. One call to customer service and it's on the way.
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Bryce's Surgery: Second Implant
Bryce didn't want to take the happy medicine to help before they really sedated him. We had to go about it the "hard way" and help him swallow it. He was mad at me. It only took minutes before that changed and he was slap happy. He was laughing and pretty funny. He forgot all about how I forced him to take the medicine. (see the before and after below)They wheeled him away in a wagon. He had a big smile on his face. What a sweet boy!



The surgery went well. Like the first time, he didn't respond to the device. I guess it happens about 20% of the time, even in cases without auditory neuropathy. They decided not to keep him overnight. The surgeon feels like we know what to expect. We did think it was weird that they put a small muff on his ear. I'm glad I hung on to the one from the first surgery, we swapped when we got home. We were also disappointed that he didn't have an AB buddy (the monkey) that Brayden received with his equipment. It was ordered on his packing slip but it wasn't there. One call to customer service and it's on the way.


The surgery went well. Like the first time, he didn't respond to the device. I guess it happens about 20% of the time, even in cases without auditory neuropathy. They decided not to keep him overnight. The surgeon feels like we know what to expect. We did think it was weird that they put a small muff on his ear. I'm glad I hung on to the one from the first surgery, we swapped when we got home. We were also disappointed that he didn't have an AB buddy (the monkey) that Brayden received with his equipment. It was ordered on his packing slip but it wasn't there. One call to customer service and it's on the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment