Sunday, February 1, 2015

Side by Side

I remember the first time I learned that Brayden had hearing loss and was becoming "deafened". I couldn't believe it. Where did this come from? The boys are about 5 years apart, yet there was a slight stagger of the onset. I still don't have answers to the why but it doesn't really matter. What matters, is they are happy and they're learning and overcoming their challenges.

My Zumba teacher, Erica, made a comment that I had never considered. She said, when she first heard about Bryce, she was sad for him. Poor little guy was all alone. He has his family but he was the only one with hearing loss. Then, Brayden started losing his hearing. She helped me see that they have each other. I'm seeing it more and more and feel thankful they do have each other.

When we were up at the church playing basketball, I snapped these pictures. Love them!

No comments: