Saturday, February 7, 2015

Bryce's Teacher's Report

I called Bryce's teacher the other day. She gave me a report about how he's doing. I'm pretty sure I've said it before but I'll say it again. She's wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. She reaffirmed what we know that he had language. She shared examples how he knows the difference between "not" and "no". She said some of her 8 year olds still don't know the difference. He was going to put something in his backpack and he let her know he's "not" getting his lunch. hahahaha

She said he also can generalize things which is not something some of the kids can do. He is able to take concepts from songs and use them on other things. She said he's a problem solver and really tries to do things himself. It's cute how he takes anything he makes and beelines it to his backpack. He can't wait to bring it home and show me. (so sweet!)

I told her that we were making valentine cards (or filling them out) and he had a sucker in his bag. He let me know that it was "NOT for the busdriver". hahaha  He must not have wanted to give her treats for Christmas.

It's exciting to see him learn and grow. I feel his sign improves as our sign improves. We still have a very long way to go but it's exciting to see him. I'm finding that not many parents learn sign language for their deaf kids. It means their progress is stunted because they don't get the reinforcement at home. I want Bryce to succeed. I want him to do his very best and I'll support him in reaching BEST.

I think I talked to his teacher for about an hour. Like I said, she's amazing. She's such a blessing! I loved hearing about what he's doing at school. It's true, most parents can talk to their kids about what they did that day. It's a little more challenging for us.

No comments: