Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 7th

 His ARD went really well today. I was really impressed with the services he's going to get. They will consider him deaf/blind because of the optic atrophy. He will not receive services (such as braille) but is considered guarded. They will keep a watch on his vision to determine if he does need additional services.
He will go to the  Co op and unlike what I was told earlier this school year, he will go to Hancock. It's a full day preschool.
He will not initially receive ot therapy so I will pull him out at his scheduled 1pm time to get it through Texas Childrens. Tomorrow is his first day. I think going half day and half week is a great way to start.
I use to teach in this district. I do like how they have everyone locked out and you have to ring a bell to be buzzed in. It feels safer. Apparently, this has been in place a couple of years in the district. Love it!
I'm so thankful for these services to help Bryce in his learning.

No comments: