Friday, August 21, 2015

Speech Therapy

I know we ask for a lot of prayers, but we still need them.
A few weeks ago, I had this dream that the center for hearing and speech basically told me they couldn't help us anymore.
Today at Bryces appointment, it was almost haunting as the therapist said something like that. Sometimes I feel like I'm spinning my wheels with Bryce. Well, she told me I could take a break if I wanted, she's flexible. They don't really know if they can help him.
She encouraged me to get an mri for Bryce in hopes to determine the cause of his ataxia.she was very open and honest. I appreciate it but it made me sick to my stomach. Brayden's hearing is getting worse as well. She said there's auditory neuropathy and then there's peripheral neuropathy. It sounds like it's a bigger issue, which sounds like it might be the case.
It's hard to have talks like this. Painful. The hard part was when she talked about ataxia progressed could hurt fine motor skills. Sign language could some day be useless. It continues to be hard watching my boys be attacked by something and not even know what.
Please pray the mri will be helpful. They'll have to take out his magnets and replace them.

No comments: